Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Quietest Place In The World...

It's the world's quietest room.
This room, the 'Anechoric Chamber' at Orfield Laboratories in the US is 99.99% sound absorbent.
The Guinness Book of World Records says it's the quietest room on the planet.
Apparently it's so quiet, staying in there for a time will drive you insane.
Nobody has been able to be in the room for more than forty five minutes.
The only noises you hear emanate from your own body. Fluids gurgling, joints creaking, your breathing and your heart pumping.
Sounds like fun...

Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

  1. You will soon know how efficient your body is and the mind...what you would discover about that...all the nonessential rubbish we fill it with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try a pair of ear plugs,it's cheaper and more available. Or try a Vipasana retreat if you really want an effectively process your garbage. Off the record... personally I"m an advocate of Guinness.
      Ps. I did ones upon a time build a recording studio on the same lines. It appeared to me that the architecture had his head up his proverbial...That's another way of going about it. Or on reflection maybe it was the drugs he was on. funny old life. But that was Amsterdam for you.

      Delete
  2. stressing out just looking at it...*take your pills Stu, it'll be alright...everything is alright...*

    ReplyDelete
  3. And some nights all I want is a little peace and quiet! Would love to give this a go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you rent it?

    the rat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. everything's 4 sale. says > John Key

      Delete
    2. Yes you can rent the facility Mr Rat. It's in South Minneapolis so call Orfield's and make a booking...

      Delete
  5. What an experience. I think I would go insane quite fast. I don't think I'll try it. I think I prefer sound & noise.

    ReplyDelete